Village City Island Sim
This is a screenshot of my current game on Village City Island Sim, which I think of as word salad game because I have trouble remembering the name. It's I guess the first game in the series and there's no number after the name. It's a free to download phone game.
That shows four plots of land under development (starting plot plus three purchases) and there are some sections of water with two build slots apiece that are available fairly early in the game, but in reality the structures you can build in the water aren't available for a long time.
I like making two oil platforms and putting them along what I think of as the side so I can easily see when money is available. Orienting stuff in game to help me in terms of game logistics is a big part of what I do in this game.
This captures a new, more relaxed approach by me, strategically.
Historically, I limited use of parks which are inexpensive Happiness points but can't be upgraded, and went for density of development early only to find myself filling large swaths of the island with parks to fill space as I ran out of buildings to buy. Parks also don't require a road tile next to them, which has its good points.
So I've got two large parks in the downtown area to fill space that I tend to have trouble filling and I've used the twelve cheapest houses first. I later added two pink houses that are more expensive and hold more people. I'm saving up for an oil refinery and I have space set aside for that near where I plan to put my oil platforms.
This is a fairly simple city building game. There's no electricity, plumbing, garbage or similar.
You need Happiness points, population and jobs, preferably in that order because if you don't have enough happiness, you won't hit max population for the existing buildings and apparently no one cares about high unemployment but if you don't have enough people, you can't fill the jobs.
The best part of this game is being able to pick buildings up and move them around. It's a bit silly, but makes it like an architect's planning tool and allows me to fiddle with stuff, see what works and learn and grow.
Comments
Post a Comment